Friday, February 14, 2014

365 Feminist Selfie: Week 6 of Embracing My Selfie

Happy Valentine's Day!

What a treat for you. I just did a selfie catch up post yesterday and now you get a brand new one today. Come on, admit that you're happy to see so much about my face.

The apparent theme this week is nail polish. I think there's a shot of polish in the majority of the pictures. You see it in the pictures and I wrote about it - I fucking love nail polish. Totally not crunchy. Bright, obnoxious colors make me happy. Painting my nails in bright obnoxious colors makes me super happy. In fact, when I'm done writing this, I'm going to paint my nails again. Okay, that's a lie. I have to drag my kids out to play in the snow and then I'll do my nails.

I joined a Facebook group for the #365feministselfie challenge. I now feel less alone.

This pic on the left. I only did that to show you my nails. Love that color.



Nails again! And a ring. I also LOVE big obnoxious rings. I have many. That right there is my favorite glass filled with my favorite beverage, water. That glass was part of a set of four. Sadly, this is the last one standing. They all had cute little pictures and happy sayings on theme. I am actually quite sad that they have been broken and wish I could find them again. I got them at Target back when we got married...almost 10 years ago, so the hopes of seeing them out in some thrift shop are pretty low.

Sigh.

This one says, "Shoot for the moon. If you miss, you'll land among the stars."

Awww.





One of 9578795738573985398457347237464387590584906349763475 times in a day when I will have a conversation on my daughter's toy phone.

Also, crow's feet. Because I am wise.











It doesn't matter if I'm not ready to wake up yet. A certain someone will make sure I keep my eyes open, even if she has to smoosh her feet into my face.

No matter what, I have not been able to become a morning person.











My second favorite beverage in the world - coffee. Dear God, I love coffee.

Coffee is actually prescribed to me by my cardiologist. I have a condition known as Neurocardiogenic Syncope. It's a fancy way of saying I am prone to passing out when I stand for too long because my brain and heart don't communicate. My blood pressure it always low. My doc said a cup of coffee a day can keep the faints away by boosting my blood pressure just a wee bit. We want to keep me off meds.

The travel mug is a love. It's stainless steel on the inside. I won't use plastic. However, I actually hate the look of stainless steel. It's so cold and blah. Purple is my favorite color and this mug makes me happy.

Also - nail polish and sexy glasses and eyebrows that are desperate for a waxing.





As I said, I joined a Facebook group for participants in the #365feministselfie challenge. There was a suggested theme of highlighting your favorite activity along with a mini theme of duck lips.

Y'all, I make such ridiculous duck lips.

One of my most favorite activities is Tribal Belly Dance. ITS, if you want to get specific. Here I am, playing with my zills. I never ever thought I would "get" zills. The first time we tried them in class, I was certain I was doomed. My teacher said they become part of muscle memory and, before you know it, you end up playing them without thinking, changing the rhythms with certain moves. She was right. These are my only pair so far - Nefertiti by Saroyan.

The Muppets poster belongs to my son. Who doesn't love the Muppets? Said poster is - oh I forget the word for it - you know, that hologrammy, 3-D stuff - so the reflection of my camera flash on it makes it look like lightening is shooting out of my ears.


I have a home management binder. I just put it together a few days ago. I am attempting to be just a wee bit more organized, especially since it benefits my son, who has OCD.

The binder itself was a gift - it's super cute and you can find it and other matching stationary items at Target. I have an office supply fetish. No shame. I was also given a pencil case, which I use for crochet hooks, and an eyeglass case, which now holds those sexy beasts a few photos above this.

I found printables online and on Pinterest to fill my binder.

I just noticed that this is the only picture this week that features my hair down. I do ponytails way too often. My hair is so super fine and thin and does not hold styles well. I just failed at sock buns the other day. It's also wavystraightcurly. We have a love/hate relationship.





That's it for this week! Hope you all are feeling the love on this Valentine's Day.

If you want to read my previous #365feministselfie posts, check here:

Week One
Week Two
Week Three
Weeks Four and Five Combined

The post from Viva La Feminista that inspired me can be found RIGHT HERE.

4 comments:

Skye said...

I totally love this series, by the way. And I think you just convinced me to go paint my nails instead of work out after dinner.

Funky Little Earthchild said...

Thank you!

And definitely paint your nails. You can always work out some other time. :)

world said...

nice to see a blog like this.

Funky Little Earthchild said...

Thank you, world. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...