Sunday, March 9, 2014

365 Feminist Selfie: Week - um, I forget - of Embracing My Selfie

Yes, poor people can own nail polish
If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know that anytime I say I am going to write something on a regular basis, I fail. Typically, I pop on the computer to answer emails, play with job applications, upload pics of my children, do worky stuff, and post a few obnoxious memes on Facebook. Blogging typically comes last.

It's been nearly a month since I last posted in my Embracing My Selfie series. Part of that is because I suck at regularity. The other part of that is due to a technical fuckery-do with my phone. It erased a few pics, all of which were selfies from the past couple of weeks. Now and then, the gallery app freaks out and erases a few photos. I don't know why. My phone is 3 years old, not at all fancy, and I am clueless with technology. I try to upload any pics to mail asap so I don't lose them, but I primarily do this with pictures of my kids rather than my selfie shots. The other possibility is that my phone is like, "dude, I'm tired of taking pics of your silly face everyday. Quit it!"



I'm not known as a very religious person. I'm harshly critical of religion, including my own. Still, I am very faithful and spiritual and my religion means a lot to me. I just don't wear it. St. Francis said to preach the Gospel at all times, only using words when necessary. Actions speak louder.

This is my devotional. February 18th is one of those anniversaries associated with River, the baby I miscarried. It is also the anniversary of my very special kitty, Abigael's, death. This year, February 18th was a horrendous day for finances, which posed a threat to our ability to keeo our apartment.

The devotion on this page hits home for me as I have always believed in doing charitable works - it's how I was raised - and I have found myself in dire need of charity.




A happier day. I received a gift certificate for NY&Co for Christmas. I can never afford to shop there, but I love their clothes and this gift certificate was most appreciated. They had great sales in the last month. I scored this pretty little sweater for less than $10 bucks. Holla!

The "I was about to take a selfie and then my cat tried to climb my apron that hangs from the wall and I was yelling at him" selfie.

Also, a smoothie.












FREE ICED COFFEE!!!!!!

Once or twice a year, Dunkin Donuts sends out these free iced coffee/iced tea punch cards. You get free iced coffee every Monday for a couple of months. Sweet! I take mine with extra cream, no sugar, and whipped cream on top.

The sunglasses are also a score from NY&Co thanks to my gift cert. Sadly, the lens from my polka dot glasses was scratched up by a certain two year old, so they are now a spare set.







Dear God, would you look at that fug mug. I know, I know - I'm supposed to believe I'm so beautiful. I'm sure I am, but not here.

This is my pathetic face, obviously. I was not feeling good. I was having a rough day of cardiac symptoms, mind-blowing exhaustion, and trouble with both knees. I'm only 35 for Pete's sake!

I have a couple of cardiac conditions that have been pretty manageable for a long time. They are severe, just annoying. Heart troubles have been the name of the game for the last year, though, and have only gotten worse. The combination of high stress and poor eating (poor in money and quality) have really caught up with me. I also received a letter this month stating that my cardiologist, who I have been seeing for 20 years, will no longer accept my insurance. Yes, I am grateful I have insurance. I am just worried about finding a new doc. My current cardiologist is awesome and free of bullshit.


I saved the sexiest picture for last. In case ya can't tell, I'm blowing my hair dry. I don't own my own hair dryer. I borrow my mom's from time to time. My old hair dryer, which I have had since, like, the 80's finally died this year. R.I.P. Sears hair dryer. I rarely ever use one, so no sense in wasting the money. I actually borrowed it for non-hair reasons (drying shirt art for my son). I just used it here on a whim.

Bonus duck face.

P.S. Have I mentioned my hair sucks? It truly does. Frizzy and shit. Can't decide if it wants to be curly, wavy, straight. It's broken.







Tune in next week, or next month, to be assaulted by more pictures of my self-absorbed self. Winky emoticon.

If you would like to read previous posts in this #365feministselfie series, check here:
Week 6
Weeks 4 and 5
Week 3
Week 2
Week 1
Embracing My Selfie

I highly encourage you to read the post that inspired me to be part of this challenge, by Viva La Feminista.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...